Generative AI Usage Policy
Last Updated: August 28, 2023
Welcome to JungleAI! We're excited to have you as part of our community. This policy outlines how we use generative artificial intelligence (AI) to enhance your experience and provide valuable content.
2. What is Generative AI?
Generative AI is a technology that uses machine learning algorithms to produce text, images, and other content that resemble human-created content. With JungleAI, we use generative AI, including being powered by OpenAI, to create content and responses that align with our goals and values.
3. Our Commitment
We are committed to using generative AI in a responsible, ethical, and transparent manner. Our goal is to provide you with high-quality, relevant, and engaging responses that can help you make your decisions and evaluations regarding NFTs on Jungle, but not make the decisions or evaluations itself, while ensuring your privacy and maintaining your trust.
4. How We Use Generative AI
- Content Creation: We use generative AI to create various types of responses to your prompts regarding the NFTs on Jungle and more.
- Personalization: Generative AI helps us tailor responses to your preferences and interests for a more personalized experience.
- Enhanced Services: AI-generated content enhances our services, providing you with valuable insights and information.
5. Acceptable Use Policy
You may access, and we grant you a non-exclusive right to use JungleAI in accordance with this policy. You will comply with this policy, all other Terms and Policies related to Jungle as found in the footer of the Jungle website, and all applicable laws, rules and regulations when using JungleAI. We and our affiliates own all rights, title, and interest in and to JungleAI.
- Disclosure: All responses created by JungleAI are produced through, originate from and are a direct result of generative AI.
- Accuracy: We strive to ensure that AI-generated responses are accurate and reliable, but you must be cautioned that generative AI has known to have, and owing to the manner of training the generative AI model, and can potentially produce wrong, incorrect or fallacious outputs, responses and content. You therefore warrant and agree to review JungleAI’s responses for their accuracy and correctness, and to only use them to supplement your own autonomous financial and other decisions, and be fully and solely responsible for your decisions. You agree explicitly and irrevocably that in no circumstance shall you have a right to sue Jungle for any such erroneous responses that you have received from JungleAI.
7. Data Privacy
- Data Usage: The data used to train our AI models adheres to our privacy and security policies. We ensure your data is handled responsibly and in compliance with applicable data protection laws. You also agree to sign any additional data protection addendum or other documentation that Jungle deems necessary to process or use your data, in relation to JungleAI.
- Anonymization: Data used for training is anonymized to protect your privacy.
8. Ethical Use
- Bias Mitigation: We take measures to minimize biases in AI-generated content and prevent content that promotes discrimination or bias.
- Responsible Use: AI-generated responses should not be used for harmful, misleading, illegal, unlawful, fraudulent or offensive purposes. You may not (i) use JungleAI in a way that infringes, misappropriates or violates any person’s rights; (ii) reverse assemble, reverse compile, decompile, translate or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or underlying components of models, algorithms, and systems of JungleAI (except to the extent such restrictions are contrary to applicable law); (iii) use output from JungleAI to develop models that compete with Jungle or JungleAI; (iv) represent that output from JungleAI was human-generated when it is not or otherwise violate our terms and policies; (vi) send us any personal information of children under the applicable age of digital consent.
- Your Content. You may provide input to JungleAI (“Input”) through the prompts that you enter into JungleAI, and receive output generated and returned by JungleAI based on the Input (“Output”). Input and Output are collectively “Content.” As between the parties and to the extent permitted by applicable law, you own all Input. Subject to your compliance with this policy, JungleAI hereby assigns to you all its right, title and interest in and to Output to the extent permitted by law and third-party permissions and copyrights. Subject to this Section 8 and the terms of this policy, you may use the Output to facilitate your usage of Jungle and all related services.
- You also acknowledge that we may have to work with third-party contractors, vendors, and other related people in providing the Output via JungleAI, which equally means that your Input may be disclosed to third parties to facilitate your usage of JungleAI. As such, in the event that you provide us with sensitive information including, but not limited to, trade secrets, business information, confidential financial information or any other information subject to privileges, confidentiality, privacy or statutory obligations, you are hereby assigning us irrevocably and expressly a worldwide license to use such information for the purpose of populating Output and for other purposes envisaged herein.
You recognize that given the manner that generative AI works and operates at this point in time, and given that machine learning and generative AI are fields that are constantly in motion and are improving, existing generative AI models may ultimately use certain third-party information, including openly available and public information, to produce the Output as stated under Section 8. This means that in very limited circumstances, the Output may be subject to third-party copyrights, in which case JungleAI, upon receipt of a valid complaint from the owner of the said intellectual property right, may ask you to delete all copies of the Output and refrain from using the Output without the permission of the identified intellectual property owner. You agree explicitly and irrevocably that in no circumstance shall you have a right to sue Jungle for any copyright or other intellectual property claims instituted with regards to the Output you have received from JungleAI.
If a third party believes that his/her/its intellectual property rights have been infringed, please send notice to the contact below. We may delete or disable content alleged to be infringing and may terminate accounts of repeat infringers.
Attn: Corporate Counsel
Written claims concerning copyright infringement must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work or material that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where how this material that has infringed your intellectual property rights;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
11. Your Choices
- Opt-Out: If you prefer not to receive AI-generated responses, you can opt-out at any time by unsubscribing from JungleAI or refrain from using JungleAI.
- Feedback: We value your feedback on the quality and relevance of AI-generated content and responses. If you provide any of these things, we may use it without restriction or compensation to you.
12. Continuous Improvement
We regularly review and update our AI usage practices to align with evolving standards, ethical norms, technologies, and user expectations. You are required to visit this page regularly to keep track of any changes to this policy – we will also ensure that you are notified (through popups on the Jungle website) of any such changes, but you agree that we are not required or obligated to do so.
13. Contact Us
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding our use of generative AI, please contact our Customer Support team at [email protected]
14. Indemnification; Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitations on Liability
- Indemnity. You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our affiliates, and our personnel, from and against any claims, losses, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to your use of JungleAI, including your Input and usage of Output, products or services you develop or offer in connection with JungleAI, and your breach of this policy or violation of applicable law.
- Disclaimer. JUNGLEAI AND OUTPUT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES (EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE) WITH RESPECT TO JUNGLEAI, AND DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF ANY COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USAGE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT JUNGLEAI WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ACCURATE OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT ANY CONTENT WILL BE SECURE OR NOT LOST OR ALTERED.
- Limitations of Liability. NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, OR DATA OR OTHER LOSSES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS SHALL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SERVICE THAT GAVE RISE TO THE CLAIM DURING THE 12 MONTHS BEFORE THE LIABILITY AROSE OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY ONLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
15. Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISIONS:
- MANDATORY ARBITRATION. You and JungleAI agree to resolve any past or present claims relating to this policy or JungleAI through final and binding arbitration.
- INFORMAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION. We would like to understand and try to address your concerns prior to formal legal action. Before filing a claim against JungleAI, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by sending us notice at [email protected] of your name, a description of the dispute, and the relief you seek. If we are unable to resolve a dispute within 60 days, you may bring a formal proceeding. Any statute of limitations will be tolled during the 60-day resolution process.
- NO CLASS ACTIONS. Disputes must be brought on an individual basis only and may not be brought as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, consolidated, or representative proceeding. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations are not allowed. If for any reason a dispute proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, each party knowingly and irrevocably waives any right to trial by jury in any action, proceeding, or counterclaim. This does not prevent either party from participating in a class-wide settlement of claims.
16. Social Media
To mitigate the possible risks of generative AI-generated content, we have set the following policy on permitted sharing.
Posting your own prompts or completions to social media is generally permissible, as is live streaming your usage or demonstrating our products to groups of people. Please adhere to the following:
- Manually review each generation before sharing or while streaming.
- Attribute the content to your name or your company.
- Indicate that the content is AI-generated in a way no user could reasonably miss or misunderstand.
- Do not share content that violates this policy or that may offend others.
- If taking audience requests for prompts, use good judgment; do not input prompts that might result in violations of our policy.
17. Agreement and Acceptance
By continuing to use our services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Generative AI Usage Policy and agree to its terms and abide by it in your usage of JungleAI for whatsoever purpose.